The EEA conduct in New Zealand in association with Safety Wise Solutions (SWS) Lead Incident Investigator courses, Refresher Training courses and offer 'In-house' Training using the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) method.
The courses are presented by Safety Wise Solutions (SWS) who are the license holder for the ICAM training in Australasia. The company principal developed ICAM at BHP Billiton based on Professor James Reason research into human factors safety. High quality HSE investigations that consistently identify factors to prevent re-occurrence are vitally important to the sustainability of any organisation and to maintaining employee, customer and shareholder confidence.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- LEAD INCIDENT INVESTIGATOR - 2 DAY COURSE
- ICAM CHAMPION - 1 DAY COURSE
- IN HOUSE TRAINING
- ICAM COURSES 2019
LEAD INCIDENT INVESTIGATOR - 2 DAY COURSE
ICAM is an industrial HSE initiative that draws on the work of the eminent organisational psychologist and human error expert Professor James Reason. ICAM provides a highly practical and structured method in which to conduct systemic HSE investigations.
- An introduction to systemic investigations
- An introduction to understanding human error in the context of organisational systems.
- Data gathering methods including witness interviewing
- Data organisation methodologies (timeline and fault tree processes)
- Data analysis using the ICAM model
- Development of corrective and preventative measures
- Practical application of incident investigation tools in case studies
To date, ICAM has been used in the investigation of incidents in the transport, resource, manufacturing, retail, construction, energy and medical sectors. Its successful use in a number of different countries (including Australia, Canada, USA, Chile, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Papua New Guinea, Peru, South Africa, Mongolia, China, Armenia, etc), work domains and cultural settings, indicates that it migrates readily as an investigation tool to a range of national and industrial contexts.
ICAM Lead Incident Investigator Course - 2 Days Overview
ICAM CHAMPION - 1 DAY COURSE
A one day workshop is for those who have completed the ICAM Lead Investigator Course (ICAM) and who have been involved in incident investigations.The workshop will review the ICAM process and explore incident investigation roles and responsibilities.
The objective of the workshop is to increase individual understanding and application of the ICAM process and to provide the skills to promote the improved quality of incident reports. The workshop is designed to enable attendees to:
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the ICAM process
- Lead and promote the improvement of incident reports
- Audit the ICAM process and the quality of reports
ICAM Champion Workshop - 1 Day Overview
IN HOUSE TRAINING
The EEA is able to make available in-house ICAM training to supplement the industry courses hosted by the EEA at larger city venues. In-house ICAM training may be more suited for regional venues hosted by participating companies, and does offer possibilities for companies to combine regionally for the training benefits. Potential benefits may include: reduced course overheads for in-house training; less travel and accommodation; reduced delegate training fees particularly for larger class sizes.
Courses available are:
- Basic Course: 1-day training for leading hand and supervisor level staff: - enables understanding and use of ICAM techniques with ICAM guidance manual provided for 15 attendees
- Participants will learn how to assist in investigations under the leadership of a trained ICAM facilitator. Participants will also acquire the skills to independently investigate low-consequence equipment damage, injuries and production loss events.
- Lead Course: 2-day for persons advancing to lead investigator status for 14 to 20 attendees
- Champion Workshop: 1-day for persons who have completed the Lead Investigator Course and who have been involved in a number of investigations.
To request further information about 'In-House' training
ICAM COURSES 2019
The EEA ICAM course planning is as follows:
ICAM Lead Investigator Course - to be advised
Register your 'Expression of Interest' by emailing email@example.com
The next course will be on the EEA website once registration is available - Upcoming Events.