WORKPLACE SAFETY AWARD
The EEA Workplace Safety Award is open to all ESI safety stakeholders including the generation, networks, field contracting, consulting and equipment supplier sectors of the electricity supply industry. The Award is to recognise excellence in health and safety including achievement or contribution to workplace safety by an organisation or individual. The award will be presented at the 2019 EEA Conference.
- Promote safety excellence in the electricity supply industry workplace.
- Raise awareness and ownership of health and safety issues and practices in the work place.
- Reduce accidents in the electricity supply industry.
- Encourage staff to participate in improving safety practices and procedures.
- Publicise ideas, procedures and training which provide for a higher standard of safety in our industry; and encourage debate on safe working procedures within industry and each company.
Entries may cover:
- Development of new or improved types of safety equipment.
- Development and implementation of new or improved safety methods, practices, procedures or design attributes
- Ways of encouraging a positive safety messaging and staff participation in working safely.
- Significant industry workplace safety performance.
- Any other new aspect or suggestion which conforms to the Objectives set out above.
The Award consists of a trophy and a cash prize of $500 NZD
The judging panel will comprise of the EEA President (or nominee), the Chief Executive, WorkSafe (or nominee), and EEA's Safety Standards and Procedures Group (SSPG) Chair.
ENTRY PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide information to showcase your entry. This requires a little work but it is important we have this information to help our judging panel select the winner and to showcase the runner ups. The judging panel may contact you directly for more information.
The submission should provide a descriptive summary and give us the details and supporting information/data around the issue(s), key attribute(s), action(s) and factors you believe have contributed toward your successful safety outcome and demonstrating how the entry meets the judging criteria.
It should also include:
- Diagrams and explanatory text and any published reviews or critiques undertaken by independent parties.
- Supporting visual/multimedia material which could include up to 1-6 high quality colour images either in jpg or tif format, or clearly labelled photographs; and/or up to 25 seconds of mpg video file or automated PowerPoint presentation.
- Sign-off by a member of the organisation's senior management team, or referee where appropriate.
Entries close at 5pm on Friday, 24th May 2019 and should be sent in PDF format with supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY|
The entrant accepts and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Click here to download the entry details and criteria
- Click here to download the descriptive summary entry form
- Click here to enter your descriptive summary online for the 2019 Workplace Safety Awards.
2018 Winner - Mitton Electronet 'Virtual Reality for Site Induction Training'
2017 Winner - StayLive ' Alignment of WCP across the Generation Sector'
2016 Winner - Delta Utility Services 'Arc Flash Estimator Tool'
2015 Winner - Electrix Ltd 'Technical Distribution Guide'
2014 Winner - Unison Contracting Services 'Great Safety Performance Journey'
2013 Winner - Northpower 'Mobile Burns Unit'
2013 Merit - MainPower NZ Ltd '22kV Drop-out Fuse Extension Bracket'
2012 Winner - Northpower/Top Energy/Electrix/Transpower/EPMU 'Only You Have the Power to Change'
2012 Merit Award - Transpower 'Developing a Safety Culture'
2011 Winner - Top Energy 'Safety First' - Driving the Safety Culture Change
2011 Merit Awards - Unison Contracting 'Safe Working Near Electricity Education Session' Electrix Ltd 'LineFIT'
2010 Winner - Northpower 'Team Briefing Whiteboard'
2009 Winner - Siemens NZ Ltd 'Securing A Ladder in Storm Conditions'
2008 Winner - Connetics 'Responding to the Equipotential Zone Challenge'
2007 Winner - Transpower 'Transpower's Journey - Safety Culture to Safety Performance'
2006 Winner - Northpower 'Driving Safety Through Coaching - Northpower's Trade Coaches'
2005 Joint Winners:
- Transfield Services E&T 'Safety Improvement Programme'
- Siemens Energy Services 'A Safety Excellence Strategy'
In judging the 2005 submissions, the judging panel's comments were that all of the entries were of a very high quality and represented a serious and committed approach to excellence in safety management in our workplaces and in the wider public arena
2005 Merit Award - Connetics 'A Visual Communication Toolbox'