Our Constitution, Objects and Rules include other information about how we deal with your information therefore the Policy should be read carefully in conjunction with these other documents. Please check our website regularly as we may update this Policy from time to time and any such changes will be posted on the website.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information we may collect from you:
- Email address;
- Other contact information (including phone numbers and address details);
- Profession, occupation, organisation and job title;
- Organisation details;
- Computer or network locations ;
- Event attendance information, including dietary requirements and medical information;
- Payment information (when you apply for membership and pay for some products and services. We do not retain your card information after we have processed your payment);
- Details of your interactions with us, for example, when you contact us regarding Member Services, Programmes, Events; and
- Information regarding your interest in our e-newsletters
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways, such as when you:
- Become a Member of EEA (Member) Individual, Associate, Graduate, Student, and are provided with 'Login only' access;
- Access our websites: www.eea.co.nz, www.store.eea.co.nz, www.publications.eea.co.nz and publications;
- Register to attend events including conferences, courses, webinars and other activities such as Awards Ceremonies;
- Contact us about or use our Member Services;
- Make enquiries about or apply to be a part of our programmes (whether for yourself or on behalf of an organisation you represent) including training events, forums, workshops, conferences, or otherwise engage with us.;
- Use our website or mobile applications. We may collect information about your IP address, location or activity
- We also use Google Analytics to monitor search behaviour and measure traffic flows. Information on how Google collects, and processes data can be viewed at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites (or any other link Google may provide from time to time).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect your personal information from third parties where:
- You have authorised us to do so;
- You have authorised others to disclose your information to us;
- It is publicly available; or
- It will not be used in a form in which you are identifiable
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information in order to:
- Perform our activities;
- Process membership applications, changes and renewals;
- Verify your identity and contact details;
- Conduct any events and send you information regarding such events;
- Distribute publications, newsletters and promote our products and services or carry out other promotions or marketing;
- Communicate to individuals and provide requested products or services;
- Manage the safety and security of our Members and other users;
- Personalise and customise your experience;
- Operate our websites;
- Provide you with access to secure areas of our websites;
- Improve our websites;
- Communicate with you electronically including via email, phone, or text.
- Send you information regarding opportunities, benefits of membership, updates, information surveys and newsletters and the like pertaining to EEA and the electricity supply sector;
- Conduct our own competitions and promotions or on behalf of selected third parties;
- Carry out any other transaction or activity as a result of the performance of our role as an organisation providing, services, products and benefits to our Members and to others;
- Notify Members of your rights to participate in and vote at an Annual General Meeting;
- Post content on our social media account(s);
- Carry out and comply with our administrative, business, and legal requirements including, but not limited to, administration of the Member products and services we make available to you and ensuring compliance with our Constitution and Rules;
- Undertake analysis and research to ensure that we provide you with the best possible Member Services; and
- Staff training
Where we require your personal information for another purpose outside of this list, we will notify you of how this information will be used.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- Disclosure is in connection with the purpose for which your personal information was originally obtained or directly relates to this purpose;
- Where you have authorised the disclosure; or
- Where disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Members of the Executive Committee, employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents;
- Other delegates and third parties as part of the delegate list (when you have registered for any EEA events);
- Third parties utilised by us to undertake services (and only to the extent required to fulfil those services);
- Strategic partners;
- Exhibitors; and
- Guest speakers;
We will only disclose your personal information to trusted third parties. We impose strict conditions on third parties' use of your personal information and require them to keep your personal information confidential.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping your information safe. We implement a variety of appropriate security measures to ensure your information is protected and review and update these as appropriate.
We use third party providers to store our data, including personal information and we ensure that our third party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements. All the information we hold about you will be processed and stored in accordance with data protection laws which include but are not limited to the Privacy Act.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised disclosure, or access. If you suspect your personal information may no longer be secure or has been compromised, please let us know immediately.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS THIRD PARTIES
Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in countries outside New Zealand and steps are taken to reasonably ensure these countries have safeguards comparable to New Zealand. If the third party is not in a country with comparable safeguards, this will be made known to you and we will only share the required personal information necessary for the purposes of the performance of our services upon receipt of your authorisation. Beyond this, we release personal information overseas only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law.
CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We ask that you please ensure that all personal information you provide us with is current, complete, and accurate. If, however, you would like us to update/correct your personal information you have the right to ask for this to be corrected, and you can contact us at our contact details, listed below. If your personal details change, we encourage you to update your details. Holding up-to-date information helps us to provide better services to you.
If you are a Registered EEA Member you can update your details by logging onto our website using your access credentials. It is important that you keep your information as current as possible so that we can continue to improve our services.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING CORRECT INFORMATION
If we believe that the information you provide us with is not current, complete, or accurate, we may have the right to:
- Deny access to our information or services
- Deny access to certain parts of our websites
- Decline your application for EEA membership
- Refuse registration for Events
If we believe that the information you provide is not current, complete, or accurate, we may have the right to decline access to information or services, deny access to certain parts of the 'EEA website/s, decline your application for membership with EEA or applications for Event registrations until current, complete, or accurate information is provided, refuse registrations for Events.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING REQUESTED INFORMATION
If you do not provide to us, or authorise us to collect from a third party, the personal information we have requested, Members may not be able to enjoy Member rights and benefits, and we may not be able to provide you with our services, including but not limited to:
- Notification of and registration to Upcoming events
- The right to participate in and vote at an Annual General Meeting
- Access to the online services
- A response to your queries or requests
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us for a copy of any your personal information that we hold. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us at our contact details below.
HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not keep your personal information for any longer than is required to carry out the purposes for which the information was obtained.
Our data privacy officer is responsible for overseeing your personal data requests. If you have any questions or intend to exercise your legal rights, we would appreciate the first opportunity to deal with your concerns so please contact the data privacy officer as set out below:
Data Privacy Officer: Business Service Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I Telephone: +64 4 473 8600 I Address: Level 6, 138 The Terrace, Wellington
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your information unfairly, unlawfully or without transparency, then you can complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. You can find more information about the Privacy Commissioner and their complaints procedure at http://privacy.org.nz.