EEA and its member companies are committed to ensuring that members of the public are not put at risk of harm from electricity industry assets.
EEA, together with Electricity Networks Association (ENA) set up the Electricity Supply Industry Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) in 2014. The group has the following objectives:
- To analyse available data on incident trends;
- To share details and learning from incidents;
- To identify and communicate critical safety information to key audiences;
- To develop consistent national safety information for public and media release;
- To facilitate in a managed and consistent way the distribution of public safety messages;
In support of these objectives the Public Safety Working Group has developed a 5-year strategy focusing on priority areas: Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) Public Safety Strategy 2015 to 2020.
The role of the Public Safety Working Group is to manage work in support of the strategy and to encourage and facilitate the sharing of information and other resources as well as monitoring and reviewing any potential changes to legislation / regulations relating to public safety.
|Safety Campaign – Does it Look right?
If something doesn’t look right
– report it
– you may save someone’s life