Portable Equipment for Work On or Near Conductors (Technical Guide)
Note: File may be downloaded after completion of your purchase
The EEA has completed a review and update of the Guide to Portable Equipment for Work On or Near Conductors. The 2018 version replaces the previous 2012 publication.
This Technical Guide offers guidance and clarifies issues and requirements relating to terminology; purchase specifications; and the inspection and testing requirements of portable equipment used on high voltage conductors for the purpose of isolation, testing, and earthing; and low voltage conductors for temporary insulation.
Key amendments are:
- Updated legislation wording
- Updated SM-EI wording
- Updated references to Standards
- New requirement in s3.4 re before use inspection of gloves
- New requirements in s5.2(e) re cable length of portable earths
- New requirement in s5.5 re inspection of spring loaded clamps Specific leakage current criteria for operating sticks added.
This Guide is an 'industry procedure' as defined in the Safety Manual - Electricity Industry (SM-EI), and provides a recommended method of achieving SM-EI requirements for portable equipment used near conductors. Specific and general requirements of SM-EI must also be followed when selecting and using portable equipment near conductors. This SM-EI information is not repeated in this Guide.
Note: This Technical Guide does not apply to equipment used for live work in accordance with ECP 46.
$0.00 - $50.00