SKYCITY Convention Centre
88 Federal Street
The electricity industry is moving from a growth phase with increasing capital expenditure to a low growth phase where inspection and maintenance will be the primary expenditure for the utilities. It is therefore important that maximum value is achieved from the maintenance expenditures to ensure the electricity assets perform in a safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable manner. This module is aimed at practising engineers who are interested in acquiring basic concepts, methods and techniques in asset and maintenance management, together with practical examples designed to enable you to use and appreciate the application.
The module introduces the principles and concepts in engineering failure analysis, reliability centred maintenance and leads to optimal approaches for inspection and maintenance system on a electricity network. It also examines an implementation of a maintenance management system in a major electricity utility using the PASS55 asset management framework.
On completion of this course participants will have an understanding of the:
- Recommend changes and improvement to maintenance, asset management and maintenance management
- Apply the latest developments with asset and maintenance management frameworks and alignment with PAS55
- Make improvement recommendations based on Failure Modes Effects Analysis in a Reliability Centred Maintenance Framework.
- Recommend reliability concepts (MTTR, MTTF, MTBF) and failure distributions (Weibull)
- Perform a life cycle costing analysis and determine optimal maintenance cycles
- Explain the concept of risk and perform a risk assessment in accordance with guidelines in AS4360 Risk Management
- Conduct and investigate the various maintenance standards, types and work activities
A detailed course outline has been provided by the lecturer which will assist in understanding the content of the course and assessment tasks, please click here to review this information.
To find out more about this course you can view and/or download the flyer below.
Course Venue and Timings
SKYCITY Convention Centre, Parnell Room, 88 Federal Street, Auckland
- Monday 18th June - The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 5.00pm
- Tuesday 19th June - The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 5.00pm
- Wednesday 20th June - The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 12.30pm
To register for this course
This course is subject to a minimum number of attendees and will only be confirmed once these numbers are reached.
Note: An invoice will be generated and emailed only once the minimum numbers of attendees has been reached and the course confirmed. Please hold any travel arrangements until we have confirmed the course.
To register, follow the link at the bottom of this page. If you have any trouble registering, or any questions, please contact us on 04 4738600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.