114 The Terrace
The power system fault calculations course provides the necessary basis for assessing fault current levels in any electrical power network. In order to achieve this every plant item in the network is modelled from its own characteristics. Fault calculations are determined from the solution of appropriate networks obtained from these plant model building blocks. Different fault types have their own methodology in deriving the sequence currents and voltages occurring in power system from which the phase currents and voltages can be determined.
Download course flyer here.
The module will give the user the ability to determine fault current and voltage values for use in the many aspects of electrical system design and performance such as in the specification of the ratings of plant and equipment, in the sesign of earthing layouts and in the setting of electrical protection relays.
Objectives and Outcomes
On completion of this course participants will have an understanding of the:
- Use per unit quantities for fault analysis
- Demonstrate how sequence voltages, currents and impedances are used
- Determine the correct positive, negative and zero sequence models in per unit quantities
- Calculate fault currents at any point in an electrical network for:
- Phase to Ground Faults
- Phase to Phase Faults
- 3 Phase Faults
- Calculate the network contribution of fault and sequence currents
- Determine phase currents from sequence currents with or without transformer vector shifts involved
- Determine the impact of effective earthing and current decay on fault currents
A detailed course outline has been provided by the lecturer which will assist in understanding the content of the course and assessment tasks. To view and/or download click here.
Course Venue and Timings
The Terrace Conference Centre, 114 The Terrace, Wellington
- Wednesday 21st March 2018 - The course starts at 1.00pm and finishes at 5.00pm
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 - The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 5.00pm
- Friday 23rd March 2018 - The course starts at 8.30am and finishes at 4.00pm
Course Costs and Confirmation
The cost for EEA Members and staff of Corporate Members is $2150.00+gst and Non-Members is $2450.00+gst. This course is subject to a minimum number of attendees and will only be confirmed once these numbers are reached.
Register for this Course
To register, follow the link at the bottom of this page. If you have any trouble registering, or any questions, please contact us on 04 4738600 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: An invoice will not be sent at the time of registration just your confirmation email of attendance. The invoice will be sent once the minimum number has been reached. Please hold any travel arrangements until we have confirmed the course.