EEA PHOTO COMPETITION 2021
As you may recall, last year we held our first EEA photo competition. Primarily we ran this competition to help build up a bank of industry-related images to use in our communications and website refresh. But we also wanted to have a bit of fun during what was a difficult year for many.
Well, it turned out to be very successful, and we received many amazing images which you all voted on. The winner - Bill Alhambra of Wellington Electricity, attended our EEA2021 Conference with his winning pass.
We would like to keep building up our bank of industry-related images, and we are excited to announce that entries are now open for this year's EEA photo competition. We hope you have all been diligently capturing really cool images that highlight our industry over the past 12 months that you are willing to share.
For more information on entering this year's competition, read on...
Photos must fall into at least one of these three categories:
- People - Diversity/Professional Community/Student and Apprentice Community/Events and Activities
- Assets - What we work with
- Emerging Technologies - Forward Thinking
How is the winning photo selected?
As with last year's competition, the winning photo will be decided by our members vote.
What is the prize?
- The winner* will receive a free, full delegate registration to attend the EEA2022 Conference to be held in Wellington, June 2022.
- The winning image will feature on the cover of the 2021/2022 EEA Annual Report.
*Winner must reside in New Zealand
Photo Competition Timeline
- 1 October to 29 October 2021 - Entries open
- 3 November to 17 November 2021 - Members vote
- 19 November 2021 - Winner announced
Terms & Conditions of entry for photo submissions
- The photographer must be a member of the industry. Submissions by professional photographers will not be accepted.
- Any individuals featured in the photo must give their permission to the person submitting the photo for it to be entered into the competition and used by the EEA for promotional purposes.
- EEA has the right to use all entries in our marketing and promotional material.
- The EEA has the right to use all entries in our on-going marketing and promotional material.
- The photo must show correct procedures are being followed and PPE in use if capturing work on assets. Please do check this. We had a couple of entries in 2020 that didn't meet this criteria.
- The photo must be high resolution (at least 1MB, preferably larger).
How to vote
The 2021 competition entries are now available for members voting. Please click here to see the images. We ask that you rank your top three images 1st, 2nd and 3rd and email your results to email@example.com. One vote per person and is open to members and staff of corporate members only. Voting is open until 5pm, Wednesday, 17 November. The winner will be announced on Friday, 19 November.
2020 Photo Competition Results & Gallery
To check out the winning images and link to the images we received last year, please click here.