EEA's ELECTRICITY INDUSTRY TRAINING SURVEY - RESULTS
We are very excited to be able to share with you that the outcomes of an industry-wide survey the EEA's Professional Development Group undertook at the end of last year, have now been released.
The results have been categorised into 7 areas. This data will help us understand the make-up of the industry, what professional development areas the industry would like to focus on now and into the future.
- Who we are - the age profile, roles and makeup of the industry;
- Qualifications and recruiting - the qualifications held, where they were gained and recruitment issues;
- Competence - summarises competency frameworks and identifies behavioural and technical competences organisations are looking for;
- Training areas - key training areas identified;
- Our current development approach - how we are currently training and developing our people;
- Future roles - participants provided a view on the roles that are required over the next ten years.
To view and/or download the Survey Summary Report click here.
ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GROUP
The Professional Development Group was set up in July last year and is chaired by Michael Whaley from Powerco. Its objectives are to;
- collaborate with industry, learners, providers and Government to understand professional development needs in the electricity supply industry
- support delivery of relevant and quality professional development enhance the uptake and value of professional development for engineers, technical and safety professionals
- Identify opportunities to enhance and sustain professional development training delivery
- create a development ecosystem
If you have any questions or would like to see a copy of the report, please contact email@example.com