The EEA has developed a new two day course on Safety in Design tailored especially for the electricity supply industry (ESI).
This course aims to provide a level of training on Safety in Design (SiD) to allow participants to better understand the EEA Safety in Design guide, its purpose, its approach and its implementation within their own organisations.
- KEY OUTCOMES
- COURSE OVERVIEW
- COURSE FLYER
- COURSE STYLE
- IN HOUSE COURSE DELIVERY
- SiD COURSES 2018
- COURSE CALENDAR 2018 - 2019
- Understanding the SiD principles laid out in the guide.
- Knowing when and how to apply each of the principles.
- Be able to implement the principles in their organisation/role.
- Be capable of using the routine tools included within the guide.
- Knowing when less frequently used tools may be applicable and where to access resources and expertise to deploy them.
- Having sufficient knowledge and understanding to champion SiD within their organisations.
- Obtaining the foundational knowledge required to set-up robust systems and drive continuous improvement.
The training will be a combination of classroom style presentations and workshop sessions. A heavy emphasis will be placed on the working sessions as the best method of fully understanding the practical implementation.
Scenario designs will be used as working examples of the process to be followed and case studies will be presented of examples of good (and bad) SiD in practice. Attendees will be encouraged to bring examples of specific designs from their own organisation to discuss and assess through the course of the workshop. Break-out discussion sessions will be used to share ideas, concerns and solutions amongst groups to enable participants to best understand how to navigate potential barriers and blockers within their own organisations.
The class size is limited to 20 attendees to encourage group discussion and participation. The material is suitable for staff from a range of backgrounds in ESI, such as designers and engineers, construction managers, project managers, asset managers, safety professionals, operational and maintenance workers.
IN HOUSE COURSE DELIVERY
This course can be delivered in house on request. In house training can facilitate learning and communication within an organisation, as well as reducing travel and venue costs.
Please contact the EEA for pricing and scheduling information firstname.lastname@example.org.
SiD COURSES 2018
| Thursday 26th and Friday 27th July in Wellington - Course confirmed
|Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st November|