EEA Photo Competition
Welcome to our inaugural photo competition. Here at the EEA we have been working away behind the scenes on a website refresh and you may have seen our new newsletter format adopted at the end of 2019. Our intent is to make our website and communications with our members and industry more member focused as well as providing a platform for our members and member companies the opportunity to show the industry their organisation and staff achievements.
Towards the end of 2019 the EEA did approach a number of member companies to source some images that the EEA could use for website imagery and promotional purposes and we received a good response, but it would be great to have some more options and contributions from individuals. We have a number of budding amateur photographers out there, and they will frequently be in a position to capture some stunning photos involving people, assets, diversity, technology to name a few. So we have decided to make a competition out of it and involve our members and industry.
What we are after
- People - Diversity/Professional Community/Student and Apprentice Community/Events and Activities
- Assets - What we work with
- Emerging Technologies - Forward Thinking
We have put together an image library of the categories to show some examples of what to capture.
Terms & Conditions of entry for photo submissions
- The photographer must be a member of the industry, submissions by professional photographers will not be accepted.
- The submitter must have the permission of any individuals featured in the photo to enter it in the photo competition, and for it to be used for EEA promotional purposes.
- EEA has the right to use all entries in our marketing and promotional material.
- The photo is expected to show correct procedures and PPE used if displaying work on assets.
- The photo must be high resolution (at least 1MB, preferably larger).
How you determine the winner
Voting is now open. We are really pleased with the response and want to thank everyone that has taken the time to submit an entry or two. Please select your top three images and rank them accordingly and email your selection to email@example.com.
Votes are limited to Members and staff of Corporate Members and one submission per person, votes will be audited and therefore appreciate your integrity when making your selection.
Please click here to review the images we have received. Note voting closes 5pm Friday, 14 August.
Photo Competition Timeline
6 July to 24 July 2020 - Entries open - Extended 1 week to 31 July 2020 - Now Closed
3 August to 14 August 2020 - Voting open
18 August 2020 - Winner announced
What is the prize?
The winner* will receive a free full delegate registration to attend the EEA2021 Conference in June/July 2021 in Wellington and will also have their winning image used as the cover of the EEA's Annual Report for 2019/2020 financial year.
*Winner must reside in New Zealand.